Thursday 8 August 2013

Conflicts

I wanted to explore the theme of decision making and relationships with people. Some people are afraid of expressing their own opinions in fear of rejection. This sometimes causes many conflicts and people end up being in the middle of a situation, not knowing who and who not to agree with. I wanted to express this frustration through my art. I photographed myself and my dolls separately. I then expanded them to human size in Photoshop and placed them on either side of me. The dolls are symbolic of the people who try to influence you. My facial expression is neutral and slightly troubled, to emphasize the idea. Except from the message I am trying to convey, I also wanted to explore my recurring theme of real in relation to the unreal, and  flesh vs. plastic.



No comments:

Post a Comment