Tuesday 30 April 2013

Clay Sculpture

For my work placement, I worked with the Cypriot artist Christopher Christou. This inspired me to get back into sculpture. I would like to go back and collaborate with the artist sometime in the future and further discuss my ideas with him. I wanted to challenge myself by creating a sculpture by looking at my face in the mirror simultaneously (using my face as reference). The result didn't come out quite as I had wanted and so decided to leave the sculpture unfinished. The only part I liked was the mouth and the face in profile. Therefore, I tried experimenting with photography. I wanted to explore the relationship between the real and non-real. I tried hiding parts of the face with my hands. I also asked my mum and dad to contribute.

    Here are some of the experimental photographs:












No comments:

Post a Comment