Thursday 25 April 2013

Androgyny Portrait

I decided to create an oil painting inspired by one of the photographs from my ''Androgyny Photoshoot''.
My aim was to create something more realistic and life-like compared to my previous paintings, which have a more fantasy feel to them. I tried to pay more attention to colour, giving the skin a more flesh-like look. I also tried to focus on the gaze, making it almost intimidating, wanting the subject to confront the viewer directly and affect them in some way. Is it male? Is it female? I believe that I have improved since my last painting as I have become more conscious of colour harmony and detail. I would like to experiment more with different styles of painting and ways of presenting my work.


    ---> Painting details




No comments:

Post a Comment